Guardians of the Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Role of the Adviser

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Ethan Blackwell
Admin
Lord Ethan Blackwell

Character Profile
Name: Krysus
Race: Celestial Spirit
Class: Sage

The Role of the Adviser Empty
PostSubject: The Role of the Adviser   The Role of the Adviser I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:39 pm

Takes out his journal and begins documenting an important matter

The Role of the Adviser

Being an adviser is not a simple, trivial matter. I've chosen to document my thoughts on it in order to one day pass along this knowledge to anybody else who's role is such and wishes to have a clear view of the role you play.

Being an adviser is not just about staying by the client's side and saying "okay" "yeah sure", "whatever you'd like to do". You must have a solid sense of mental initiative and if you do not, you are to take the time to build that initiative up. You cannot be shy. You also cannot be radical, arrogant, egotistical, or anything that will promote bias.

Personal Implications of the Adviser

An adviser is to approach situations in a neutral manner. The adviser is skilled at doing research, finding out information on surrounding kingdoms, and knowing and viewing both sides of any situation or issue that arises both locally and externally.

In order to be a successful adviser, it is best to have a natural habit of always finding out information and learning knowledge about the people around you. You must be in tune with the psychology and sociology of both the family you are working for and everyone else as well. You must know how to read a person by the following traits:

• Their preference of look
  • Their style of speech and articulation
  • The common topics they bring up
  • Their common styles of reaction to both normal and special situations

Through things like this, you should be able to learn the different patterns of behavior each person (including yourself) expresses. Once you become skilled at this, you will begin finding predictable patterns to each person's behavior (although this can take some considerable time).

Being a socially intelligent adviser means that you realize and abide by the manners of knowing that each person has their own "personal language" that they use in how they talk and how they think. But this is only one half of the equation. They not only speak this language, but they also respond to this language - better than any other language. This is why it is important to learn their social language and know how to speak it. Some people talk with more ego for example. If you speak with a quiet, shy language toward them, they will not take you seriously. They need you to be on the same page as them. Pump up your ego a bit (its okay, you are intelligent enough to know it is for this occasion, as long as your use of the ego language is in a positive and neutral manner).

Political Implications of the Adviser

If you are an adviser of a political figure (a king, queen, prime minister, president, chief, etc), your job is to keep a knowledge base of people and situations around them as well as an understanding of circumstances surrounding local issues as well as (on occasion) foreign issues that are likely to effect the client and his/her people. The adviser understands that situations of any kind can and will arise at one time or another, in one form or another.

The political adviser is usually assigned duties over the following situations:

• Local morale
  • Financial knowledge
  • Foreign relations
  • Personal counseling
  • Campaign direction
Assignments are not exactly limited to the above, but they are five important pillars of social consultation.

Local Morale: The adviser is known for keeping an eye and ear on the family's overall social status. Is everybody happy with the management of the group? Is there confusion anywhere? Is there disagreement about how anything is run? These are things you must be able to spot and address.

Financial Knowledge: An adviser can be able to give advice about how the client wishes to budget and spend their funds for the benefit of the family/group/kingdom. However, it is optional to the client to release any wish for help to the adviser.

Foreign Relations: A very critical pier in being a political adviser is hinged on foreign relations. You must be able to gather accurate knowledge on surrounding families/groups (at least those likely to have an obvious effect on your client) and become aware of their overall status. Just as every individual has a personality and social language, every group has a certain personality and means of communications as well. It is a big plus to become aware of these things so that you know exactly what advice to give about dealing with them in any situation.

Personal Counseling: A very important aspect of being an adviser is to look after the personal morale of your client. They have a tremendous amount of weight to deal with and this fact has a significant effect on their emotional state. They have people who look up to them, look toward them, and depend on them. When times get rough, stress ensues. You must be there to listen to their worries, fears, and any emotional pain they are going through. Likewise, they need you there to be aware of every wonderful surprise that is significant to the group, so that you can give any input that is requested about it.

Campaign Direction: Every group/family has an image; a face if you will. This face is shown around the local and foreign lands. The image of the group is important as it is the face of the group's reputation, and as any adviser should be wise to know, reputation is a very important matter. You must have the wisdom to know what can hurt a reputation and what can promote a reputation, not just the client's but everything the client works for. This is an obvious priority.

These are just some of the things to consider about being a successful adviser to an important figure. Keep in mind, if you wish to be an adviser, check yourself to see how you tend to handle situations, but also check with others to see if they think you would make a good adviser. If you make more enemies than friends, it's safe to say it's simply not going to be your cup of tea. But on the other hand, if you tend to be naive toward everybody around you and agree easily with anything everybody says, you're not going to get far as an adviser either. You must know when and why to disagree, but also HOW to disagree. You cannot argue with your client. They still have the right to make whatever choice they are going to make. You are only there to lay out what you foresee happening as a result of each option that exists.

Although likely incomplete, these notes on being an adviser I hope helps anybody who needs information about getting an adviser or being one. If you have any questions about it, additional ideas on it, or any other kinds of comments, just post them below or email me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/client.php?user=21107238&page=homepa
LadyIona
Admin
LadyIona

Character Profile
Name: Empress Iona Brightside
Class: Oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Adviser   The Role of the Adviser I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:47 pm

also will add another important fact

DON'T mixs work with Play.

NEVER FALL IN LOVE with the boss
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/client.php?user=10235693&pag
Lord Ethan Blackwell
Admin
Lord Ethan Blackwell

Character Profile
Name: Krysus
Class: Sage

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Adviser   The Role of the Adviser I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 am

I've always considered this a family business, where I was about to become the boss right beside you. I had not just fallen in love with you, I had fallen in love with the entire job, as is evident from all the work I have put into this place and which I will continue to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/client.php?user=21107238&page=homepa
LadyIona
Admin
LadyIona

Character Profile
Name: Empress Iona Brightside
Class: Oracle

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Adviser   The Role of the Adviser I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:49 pm

welcome back

unsure what else to say she slips into the night as she listens to the piano music playing in her head from this mornings melody...calm before the storm....

The Role of the Adviser Calmbeforethestorm
Back to top Go down
http://www.imvu.com/client.php?user=10235693&pag
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Role of the Adviser   The Role of the Adviser I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Role of the Adviser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guardians of the Rose :: GUARDIANS OF THE ROSE - Lands Governed :: Brightside / Bright Mannor :: Office of Krysus-
Jump to: